Business Coaching Testimonials:
Bottom Line Results
- "Jeff made a significant impact on my companies bottom line. Together we generated additional revenue of $500,000. He helped us identify areas to strengthen and helped create accountability systems to monitor progress. I greatly value his business insight. I highly recommend Jeff as a Business Coach!" Zett Quinn - Owner Quality Craftsman
- “Even after running a well-established successful business for over 30 years, I knew that we needed extra help. Jeff Smith at ActionCOACH Atlanta has been phenomenal at coaching us. Since we started coaching in 2010, we saw a 145% increase in Net Income in 2010 over the prior year and a 193% increase in Net Income in 2011 over 2010, all after the expense of three new employees, paying myself a higher salary and our investment in coaching. The team implemented dozens of new strategies over the last year. Understanding the importance of testing and measuring enabled us to focus on strategies that work, rather than doing the same thing and expecting different results. We truly believe that education, strategies, details, focus and accountability always produce results. That is the only way your business can grow.” Lane Jones - Owner Highland Mountain Beverage Service
- "We've hired Jeff twice this year. Each time he has not only been diligent in working with us hand in hand to create the most relevant and value add presentations, but he also ensured that we were able to walk away with actionable tools, which we are currently implementing in our day to day operations. Jeff has been a tremendous asset to our team, we highly recommend him." James Altamirano - Director of Operations Go Sports
- “Coaching turned around over a year of consistent losses when I was not even paying myself into my first profitable quarter since Q1, 2009 and I am paying myself a salary again! Get an ActionCOACH if your business is not doing as well as it could. I believe that an ActionCOACH can improve any business if an owner is willing to work on the business.” Lane Jones - Owner Highland Mountain Beverage Service
- "We've owned our home renovation and remodeling business for 15 years. Prior to meeting Coach Jeff Lovejoy in April of 2011, our company experienced slow steady growth. This was based solely on referrals, but we knew the company had the potential to do far more.
- One of the first initiatives Coach Jeff led us through was clearly defining our vision statement, mission statement and Unique Selling Proposition. We spent time identifying our competitors, analyzing our industry and market place, defining our target market and specific niche. Coach Jeff was instrumental in helping us move from working "at" our business to working "on" our business. Coach Jeff encouraged us to expand our vision for the company and not limit ourselves.
Since working with Coach Jeff we are delegating more tasks, tracking activities, better marketing our business, building a stronger team, and making decisions with our vision in mind. As a result we doubled our revenue year over year and increased our gross margin by over 200%.
We quickly came to view Coach Jeff as a trusted adviser and member of our team. He is someone who is truly interested in helping us succeed by investing himself in our business. We initially thought our investment in coaching was high, but now realize our return far exceeds the amount of our investment.
We would strongly encourage anyone interested in achieving dramatic growth in their business to contact Coach Jeff at ActionCOACH Atlanta."
- “… we have accomplished more in the last 6 months than we would have in several years without the coaching and accountability…coaching with our ActionCOACH has helped me stay focused on what I need to be doing. It is easy to be caught up in the day-to-day routine and fail to work on what is really important. The ROI in coaching with our ActionCOACH has been clearly justified. Ron Smith, CEO Woodstock, GA
Increasing Profits, Strengthening Our Team, and Reclaiming Our Free Time
- "As a result of hiring an ActionCOACH Business Coach we have... • Increased our sales revenue by over 75% • Became one of the most profitable Case franchisees in North America • Increased our take-home pay by over 50% • Cut Tracy's work hours in half This was one of the BEST business decisions we've ever made!" Trace Tesmer, President
- With my ActionCOACH's help and Action Coaching’s proven methodology we had our two best revenue producing months ever in September and December of 2006. I would highly recommend ActionCOACH and his team if you are trying to grow your business, or just want some Method to the Madness” - Jim Mitchell, President Telegration
- "I have been confident in my decision to engage in coaching from the start. My business reached a one of many crossroads this year with a dramatic dip in business. After running a financially sound business for three years, I dramatically increased overhead costs. The start of this year was the slowest I have seen in three years. With finances dwindling quickly, and no cash flow to support business expenses, I took a leap of faith in hiring an ActionCOACH Business Coach. I have been working with him for close to three months now and my business has changed for the better in so many ways. Together, we have started marketing strategies that have produced great results. Today alone, I followed through with a direct marketing campaign to 90 leads! I did in two weeks, what used to take a year! This in the start of an extremely powerful business relationship and I recommend him, and his coaching to any business owner!" - Chef Richard Bradford, Atlanta
- A year ago I began working with ActionCOACH, Jeff Smith. At the time, I had lost focus “on the business”, had poor relationships within my organization, had lost respect among team members and micromanaged my team. After less than a year of working with Jeff, I have been revitalized, regaining focus on the business while building positive relationships within and without the organization. Jeff has also helped me develop the leadership skills to coach my team rather than micromanaging it. Thank you Jeff and ActionCOACH! WGP, Atlanta, GA
- I gladly recommend Jeff Lovejoy and his services through ActionCOACH. We have worked together for the past year and his advice and resources have made a positive difference in my ability to plan and achieve both business and personal goals. With Jeff's guidance I have benefited from tools available through ActionCOACH like the quarterly action plan.
In non-profit work, there are often multiple projects with too few resources and staff available to handle them. As a result I found myself struggling to spend time on important high level organizational work and planning. Jeff has a wonderful ability to suggest and recommend approaches that allowed me to re-evaluate how I was spending my working hours without seeming invasive. As a result I am now working more efficiently and effectively with my team to meet our organizational goals.
In my opinion, any business professional can benefit from Jeff's recommendations and expertise. Julie Colon Koriakin, Executive Director, YMCA of Metro Atlanta, Atlanta, GA
- Looking forward to beginning another great year with ActionCOACH! MQ, Marietta, GA
- Love Jeff Smith, Russ Young - all the Action Coaches in this group. Very professional and knowledgeable. They are there to help. I definitely recommend them. Sue Nicholson – Owner Cottman Transmission
- It has taken me a long time to understand that my business can and should be more than just me. In speaking with a number of business people along the way I have found that many others think along the same lines, “it is just me”. What I recently learned was—It is not about me/my business—It is about what my company can offer to my clients by bringing on more people to do what I do on a daily basis so my company can help more clients.
How I learned this was by meeting and engaging with ActionCOACH Atlanta. The team of Jeff Smith, Russ Young and Jeff Lovejoy have been so generous with providing venue’s for many business owners to learn. Learn not just about building a business, but learn how to make it grow and prosper. How to take baby steps and end up moving in leaps and bounds.
I started a company 16 years ago that has always been “just me”. I have been working 6-7 days a week, sometimes 18-20 hours a day. Never enough time, not the kind of money I should have for the work I was doing and no life on the personal side.
In October 2011 I sat down with the team and we discussed what I wanted, needed and how did I see my business in 5 -10 years. Wake up call!! I had no real vision of where I was going with my business next year, never mind 5 -10 years from now. The Growth Club changed that! I now see that with some changes in my business, adding a few people to assist in the daily work, I can visit more clients, maintain more clients, have a healthier business. I can have a business that will work if I am there or not. I can take this business to a whole different level just by learning the systems that ActionCOACH Atlanta teaches and having “My Coach” hold my feet to the fire and be there for me to be accountable to!!!.
I set some small goals in late October for the end of the year, by using the systems I not only accomplished the sales goal but exceeded it by mid November. I sat through the most recent Growth Club last week. Once again I have new goals, plans on how to get there, new systems to set up to train my people, new ideas on how to obtain new clients and for the first time in years I am excited about my business again.
THANK YOU!!! ActionCOACH Atlanta. A special THANK YOU to Jeff Lovejoy who holds my feet to the fire. Karen Bershad, President, The Small Business Advisor
- "I'm glad that you are here to remind me of the wonderful things that are happening, and Iwould not have been able to do it without some Fantastic Coaching! I really need to be Celebrating being coached by Jeff Smith." Lane Jones - Owner Highland Mountain Beverage Service
- "I am not only getting much value out of working with you, but am enjoying getting to know you personally. My hat is off to you! You have restored my faith in coaching!!!" Dolly E., President Small Business Services/ProLease by SBS, Inc.
- “Russ has been my business coach for a little over 2 years. He has made a tremendous positive impact on how I see my role as CEO and how I now operate my business. He has a wide range of business knowledge with an especial enthusiasm for marketing. His thoughtful advice and attention to detail have kept me focused and productive. I've learned to plan more thoroughly and celebrate my successes. I recommend him and his Action Coach group very highly.” -Merry Brodie E.A., CEO, Tax Doctor, Inc.
- “Russ worked with me on business skills for over a year. He was in tune with my business needs as well as my personal ones, and therefore helped me keep them both in balance. Russ is a talented, creative and patient teacher. I would recommend him to anyone who owns their business.” Wendy Mons, Mons International
- “Russ's knowledge and ability to drill down, ascertain issues and develop workable solutions was an immeasurable help. He has an uncanny ability to relate to a variety of people at many different levels. I would highly recommend Russ as your coach and business consultant. Sincerely, Ed Cholfin AK Complete Home Renovations”
- You’ve heard me say it during our calls, but I just wanted to send a letter to make it official: many, many thanks! Working with my ActionCOACH has made a big difference in my business—in how I manage my time, in how I focus on high-priority items and how I see myself as a business person. With your help in the last months, I’ve become much more confident and am finding and closing much more business. I hope you’ll send my way anybody considering your services who may want a recommendation from one of your satisfied clients. Thanks again. Impact Writing
- "It’s hard to believe we are nearing the second anniversary of you being my business coach with ActionCOACH. My goal in working with ActionCOACH was to systemize our business and develop the strategic plan so that I could grow larger with less stress. I wanted to work smarter, not harder. I was already successful but I wanted to realize a larger vision. With your assistance it has happened! Because ActionCOACH had over 400 strategies to potentially implement, I studied the offerings and together we selected the best fit for us in our areas of greatest need. Most of the year has been spent on developing staff, creating a middle management structure, defining key performance indicators, and focusing on creating our preferred future, a future of choice, not chance. I wanted to brand our dental practice as THE place to go in Gwinnett County for dentistry. Before working with you, the most significant stress I encountered each day was related with staffing, hiring, and training issues. We had a leadership void and needed to add structure to a growing business. I was doing all the work, it seemed, even though I had 16 people on my staff. What I believe is that if you put your faith in God, pray for His blessings and work with a good business coach, you can expect good and exciting things to happen. Obviously our prayers have been answered this year as we grew significantly, we increased our mission focus, we added to our branding success and I was named Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce's Small Business Person of the Year for 2005. Just like your emphasis at ActionCOACH on achieving balance in life between work, family, relaxation and worship, I think it was the perceptible balance between all these facets of my life that placed me at the top of the 22,000 businesses in Gwinnett this year. What I thank you the most for in your excellent coaching is in your attention to keeping my life balanced, not just growing our business. Just to mention a few statistics that come to mind from our months of working with you, we have grown from $3,000,000 to $4,000,000 in the past two years. That looks like about a 33% increase. We added a third dentist to our staff nine months ago which gives us huge potential for 2006 once he learns our systems that we have worked hard to implement this year. Our marketing is steady and improving as evidenced by the steady stream of new clients who wish to become our patients. We receive over 120 new clients a month. In a town where many dentists are struggling to find new patients, we are blessed to have not only a high quantity but also the highest quality of clients due to our branding as the best place for dentistry in all of Gwinnett and the surrounding counties. In addition, I am finally using my time more productively, and our staff is more motivated than ever! The concepts of Above and Below the Line and the Identity Iceberg have transformed the attitude of my team members. The leadership development work is starting to pay off as others are leading team meetings. I expect the largest benefits of working with ActionCOACH and having a business coach like yourself, will be realized more in the coming year as our systems are locked in place and become second nature. If you need any references on how ActionCOACH works and specifically how your business coaching has aided me in my business, do not hesitate to have people call me. I will be glad to share what our meetings and the strategies have done to help me navigate the choppy waters. We sure have smoother sailing at Suwanee Dental Care on a daily basis since we have begun working with you! Thank you, Coach, for helping me and my business grow." Bill Williams, DMD, FAGD, MICCMO President, Suwanee Dental Care Director, Kenya Medical Outreach, Inc. Gwinnett Small Business Person of the Year 2005
- "I have had the privilege of working with an ActionCOACH Business Coach for more than two years in a number of ways, and found him to be a wonderful resource. He has an insightful way of viewing business problems and has always presented logical, PRACTICAL, well thought out solutions. Having also attended his lunches – they were truly ‘lunch and LEARN’, they were packed with valuable information that could be applied to almost anyone’s business. I truly consider my ActionCOACH Business Coach one of the best business resources I know and openly and strongly recommend him and his services." - Greg Hardwick
- Prior to working with ActionCOACH Jeff, my time and attention was consumed by my crews and the jobsites. I thought being with my crews and on the site was the way to grow my company. With Jeff’s coaching, I replaced time at the jobsite with time spent in my office working ON my business. As a result, we were able to achieve far more success than would have been accomplished without Coach Jeff’s involvement. Successes included:
- Refinement of my target market
- Development of a formal referral strategy
- Creation of client surveys
- Development of effective differentiators – including a guarantee
- Formalized a referral program that pays for closed business
- Commenced surveying past clients as to their satisfaction and recommendations
- Development of motivating and guiding Vision and Mission Statements
- Upgraded the caliber of my work crews
As a result of these efforts I have experienced an increase in the number of repeat clients requesting additional work and in the number of prospective clients that are referred to me. As a result of the increased in referred and repeat business, I have recently decided not to increase my marketing costs by advertising in newspapers.
I now wake up in the morning excited about my business. Jeff Gaines, Owner, Strategic Construction Services
- "I've worked with Jeff in numerous capacities over the last 20 years - as a partner, manager and client - and see firsthand how he is able to leverage his talent. I witnessed his success in building, coaching and managing customer relationships. Jeff's superior management and communications skills helped us exceed revenue goals and complete this project ahead of time and below budget. Jeff's partnership, knowledge and work ethic consistently produce superior results. I've seen Jeff coach members of his team to excel in performing not just their assigned responsibilities but also in achieving their stretch goals. Jeff is a natural coach." Lisa B
- “Working with Jeff as an Action Coach is a truly rewarding experience. Having Jeff as my coach is like having a partner with both knowledge and skills to not only turn our business around, but also guide it to the next level. I came into 2010 with a poor attitude after losing so much business in 2009. Jeff came on board in March 2010 and has helped us to cut our costs and turn around our sales to show a profit in a poor economy. He has brought about a complete attitude adjustment for me. Jeff is a great guy, an experienced corporate attorney, very knowledgeable, has plenty of resources to call on, and holds me accountable for what the company is doing. He represents Action Coach very well, and I would recommend him highly. I just cannot say enough. Imagine what Jeff could do for you and your business.” Lane Jones, Owner Highland Mountain Beverage
- “Jeff is a must have for any business owner who needs to create a solid business plan that will deliver results! Over the past few months, Jeff has applied his expert knowledge and experience to help me take my business to new heights. Jeff brings a positive attitude, accountability, creativity, and a proven system for helping your business grow. I wholeheartedly recommend Jeff’s services to any business owner.” Henry Jackson III, Owner, Minuteman Press
- “Russ Young has great insight into your situation without having to ask many questions. Russ can tell how you are doing and what you need in a quick and efficient manner.” Kris VanHemert, Vice President, Harmony Computing Services, Inc.
- “Russell is a great person to have on your team. He has a wealth of business experience and a passion for sharing it to the benefit of those around him. He has high integrity, commitment and knows how to get people and businesses growing.” Nick Dove, Dynamic Entrepreneur
- “Russ Young is great to work with. We expanded our business and without his help, it would have taken much longer to accomplish.” Matthew Phillips
- “Russ has been my business coach for a little over 2 years. He has made a tremendous positive impact on how I see my role as CEO and how I now operate my business. He has a wide range of business knowledge with an especial enthusiasm for marketing. His thoughtful advice and attention to detail have kept me focused and productive. I've learned to plan more thoroughly and celebrate my successes. I recommend him and his Action Coach group very highly.” Merry Brodie, EA
- “Russ is a great business coach. He has a wealth of information to guide you to be more successful in every aspect of your business. Two heads are better than one! I recommend you use his knowledge to your advantage. He has been a pleasure to work with. Jan Snyder VP SunTrust Bank” VP - Retail Banking SunTrust, SunTrust Bank
- “I have asked Russ on several occasions to present to business leaders participating in our workshops at the University of Georgia. He is a talented communicator and motivator. Our participants consistently give him high marks in their evaluations. I enthusiastically recommend Russ.” Rick Martin
- “Russell conducted a business training in Hiram, GA for a group of small business owners. I had the privilege of working with him for several months. I was constantly amazed at how much I still had to learn about running my small business. Thanks to the goal setting classes I have started a second business, Silver Comet Lodge. Looking forward to hearing more from Russell in the future Jackie Crum-Slay
- “Russ's knowledge and ability to drill down, ascertain issues and develop workable solutions was an immeasurable help. He has an uncanny ability to relate to a variety of people at many different levels. I would highly recommend Russ as your coach and business consultant. Sincerely, Ed Cholfin, AK Complete Home Renovations”
- “Russ worked with me on business skills for over a year. He was in tune with my business needs as well as my personal ones, and therefore helped me keep them both in balance. Russ is a talented, creative and patient teacher. I would recommend him to anyone who owns their business.” Wendy Mons
- “It is with great pleasure that I recommend Russ Young who was an ACTIVE Chamber of Commerce member. It did not matter what you asked of this Professional; he would always find a way to assist you or coordinate additional resources to achieve the issues at hand. Russ not only was a member, but he became a good friend and someone whose opinion I value very much. He would always offer multiple scenarios for one to evaluate and then encourage you to choose the one that best fit the situation. Since I've relocated we don't see one another very much, but still communicate. In closing, I’m proud to know Russ Young. Best, Skip Teaster, CEcD, PCED, IOM”, President / CEO, Paulding Chamber & Development Authority
- “Russ and I worked together for several years. When I purchased my ActionCOACH Franchise in 2005, Russ provided me with ideas and solutions on how to coach some of my clients as well as how to build my franchise business. Russ has excellent coaching and leadership skills. He is great at strategic and tactical planning and more importantly has the skills and abilities to help business owners execute those plans to achieve success. Russ can help any business executive/owner achieve massive action and success in their business through planning, process improvement and accountability. I have a high regard for Russ as a Coach and a Coach's Coach. Gary Wheeler” President and CEO, Human Resource Business Partner Consultant.\
- "Jeff - I work with many small businesses on a day to day basis. I can attest to the difference it makes working with a business owner that is under the influence of your coaching abilities. They have a clear direction of where they are going, how to brand their company in the marketplace and how to succeed." Pam Crist